1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Broadcast (radio, TV, or podcast) sports talk shows that you actually like

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Sep 12, 2017.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I am one of the few here that doesn't embrace Dan Patrick. I think his teacher/student interactions with "The Danettes" is clunky. "The Danettes" are generally annoying. And I hate the term "The Danettes".

2. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I'm with you on all counts. Also thought it was blasphemy for a while when one of those guys had a byline in SI, basically regurgitating takes from the show, but then again SI had already lost its way.

poindexter likes this.
  3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Yes, but Booger McFarland has a far more prominent role over on his network so job positioning might not be the best evidence and, anyway, Nate is as annoying as a carpet tack.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I agree with that - mostly the "senior writer" attribution he did nothing to merit - but it was a trade-out cross-promotion deal. I do think Patrick encourages contrary opinions and open discussion from his staff a lot more than any other host in the genre though. Also seems a lot more interested in promoting them and not just using them as yes men. Seeing staffers listen to Cowherd like he's preaching on Sunday, like his analogies between a quarterback and a pop culture reference is like the Summa Theologica is hard to watch.

Draft saved Draft deleted