1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Broadcast (radio, TV, or podcast) sports talk shows that you actually like

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Sep 12, 2017.

1. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

The only tough part with Musberger is that age is catching up with his voice. Once someone gets on the high end of 75, enunciating around a sentence gets much tougher. He tries to make up for it with enthusiasm -- and Brent seems very happy out there doing this.

2. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I'm a fan of Patrick but I'm been pushing him aside for MLB Central, the MLB Network morning show (at least on the west coast). It has the proper balance of highlights, analysis and silliness.

3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I listen to Kornheiser every day. Two of my favorite podcasts, Football Weekly from the Guardian and Hang Up and Listen have suffered following departures of one of the hosts.Nothing else is a must listen for me -- I like Men in Blazers, the Lowe Post and sometimes Simmons. I also usually listen to PTI on the way to work, but often shut it off after a few minutes if I'm bored.

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I watch Good Morning Football on the NFL Network in the mornings. I like Kay Adams, and I think Nate Burleson is a rising star.

5. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

I enjoy "The Happy Hour" with Greg Papa and Ray Ratto. Been a Papa fan for years, and Ratto has grown on me. They both know their stuff.
    Soren Petro's program out of Kansas City is informative, entertaining, and he's not full of himself.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Rich Eisen's radio show might be closing in on the finish line.

Dan Patrick Show Remaining on Fox Sports Radio; Rich Eisen Show Will Not

Enjoyed watching Eisen and Patrick's shows at the gym over the usual sports screamfests. Patrick's show will continue on the radio and streaming, Eisen's will not.
    I'll always have a soft-spot for the Audience Network, if for no other reason by giving us the final two seasons of Friday Night Lights.

7. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, Patrick's show started on YouTube this morning.

8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Wow, Poin, this did not age well.

9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I caught the tail end of his show last Thursday I think it was and he was nearly in tears talking about all the people who were getting laid off in the west coast office who had come in to work for him at 3 a.m. every day for years. It was a classy moment from a guy who, well, seems classy.

MileHigh likes this.
  10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

haha, that's funny - I looked at that a couple hours ago, and said to myself that that aged well!

Good Morning Football is a cult success. Burleson got promoted to the national spot on CBS (where he sounds muted and neutered hanging around all those methusaeahs on the CBS set)

I stand by it three years later.

11. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

He had been thanking the West Coast crew a lot since the move was announced just after the first of the year. He seems pretty genuine and he brings honest takes, and him opening up about his illness was enlightening. It's a great show.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I can understand AT&T opting not to invest in original programming anymore. They have a huge library of content with Warner Brothers etc. - but turning that channell into a promo channel for HBOMax? Seems odd.

MileHigh likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted