1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Britney Spears Troubled Comeback

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Deeper_Background, Mar 29, 2011.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

If you can't trust crazydaysandnights.com, whom can you trust?

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Justin Timberlake is a career killer. Has he been with anyone who had a better career after they hooked up?

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Cameron Diaz, while I'm not a fan of her work, is doing pretty well.

4. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

I actually feel sorry for Britney. Don't care about the rest of these morons, but her "comeback" has appeared nothing but creepy and weirdly controlled. I would like to see her succeed later in life. Somehow.

5. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

She's too big a corporation now to fail. Its like she's lost interest and doesn't want to do it anymore

6. DanOregon

I looked it up - she hasn't been on-screen (Shrek excluded) from a film that grossed $100 mill since 2003 (Charlie's Angels - Full Throttle $100.8). She was in five before that. And you know that it isn't like ticket prices are going down.

7. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Brit just performed before a live audience on Kimmel...catatonic is the best description of her presence...lip syncing while walking slowly and deliberately across the stage, careful not to be knocked over by the actual dancers...there was no attempt to demonstrate rhythm...although she did raise her arms a few times.

My question is this: Was she ever a good dancer?

8. DanOregon

Apparently Enrique Inglesias saw the performances. He's now backed off her tour.

9. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Not really, but she was more athletic in her late teens and early 20s. Her knees are probably shot to shit at this point.

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Whether its been her parents, management teams or her, uh, posse, I get the impression she hasn't made a decision for herself since middle school, if that recently. No wonder she looks out of her element when outside of the world of performing. That and making kids are about the only things she seems to know how to do.

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I saw her on Kimmel as well. She seemed disinterested in the performance. She didn't seem to be on anything. She was in two mildly funny skits, which I'm a little surprised she agreed to.

She just seems burned out and when you've been performing since you were a pre-teen, that's not shocking.

12. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

Yes, thats about the only thing she was ever good at.

Draft saved Draft deleted