1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Britney Spears taken away from home on a stretcher

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Walter_Sobchak, Jan 4, 2008.

1. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

The photos on TMZ.com of Britney being taken into the ambulance are just disturbing. She needs serious, serious help.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

You know that's fake, don't you, poopies?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

You know, I don't wanna turn this into a whole debate about paparazzi, but at what point do those guys have to stand back and say, "You know, maybe we should just leave her alone for six months." I think it's entirely possible that these guys are contributing, at least in some small way, to her eventual demise. Certainly, she's killing herself, and deserves the blame for it, but the constant attention surely isn't helping.

If nothing else, she's gonna get coked up one night, decide to drive away from the paparazzi at high speed and crash into a bridge or something. And it's not as though there's not precedent for that.

4. Bill Brasky

Bill Brasky Active Member

Yeah, but Britney encourages the paparazzi. She calls those guys up and tells them where she's going to be and there's always a 50% chance she won't be wearing underwear or she'll do something nutty. Hell, one of the tabloids was reporting she picked up a paparazzi photog and spent the night with him in a hotel room...there were shots of her holding hands with the guy.
    I mean, the paparazzi shouldn't be following her, because the woman is mentally ill...but if she's telling you "I'm gonna be at Starbucks in 20 minutes!" and you figure you can get a nice payday for getting a pick of her shaving her head in public....
    The real issue is that her family just needs to put her in a mental hospital or something.

5. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

It seems Ms. Spears will not be seeing her kids for some time.

Loses all visitation rights, full custody to K-Fed.

http://omg.yahoo.com/court-awards-spears-kids-to-k-fed/news/5328

6. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Scroll on the bottom of E! a while ago said she was believed to be bipolar.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

Wish I'd laid some money on the odds on that happening back in 2005.

8. Double Down

They're going bonkers on Larry King right now, talking about the 72-hour mental health hold Britt is under at ho-spital. Dr. Drew is saying 6 to 12 months in a mental hospital before she gets better. At best.

What's truly scary is that if Brittney were to off herself, the ensuing media orgasm would make the Anna Nicole coverage look reasonable.

Here is betting we might find out soon enough.

9. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Wow, Dr. Drew has reduced himself to that level of trashdom?

Sad.

10. Double Down

Mr. Pinsky is promoting his new show, Celeb Rehab. It's a show where Drew tries to make celebrities better and tries to get the message out that they're real people with addictions and not on vacation, and the network exploits their pain, suffering and addiction for money. Basically Drew is like the aerobic instructor in hell, helping fat people lose weight.

11. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I knew he had the Celeb Rehab show, but still, avoid Larry King's speculationfests like the plague.

12. MCbamr

MCbamr Member

On my last trip north from New Orleans, all I could see of Kentwood from the highway -- and this is absolutely true -- was a trailer park and a dump full of wrecked cars. I could almost hear her singing.

Draft saved Draft deleted