1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

British troops to leave Iraq

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Ellis Redding, Feb 20, 2007.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

3bags and Tom Petty going at it is almost as entertaining as Tom DeLay and Dr. James Dobson in a razor blade fight.

2. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

No, 3B. Just dropped it in at what appears now an inopportune moment. Sorry for any misinterpretation.

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i'd be happy with just finding those all-elusive weapons of mass destruction.

4. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

That's not one of the options now.

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i'll cut you deep bat. :)

6. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I talked to Dr. Dobson once. Not a bad guy, really.

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

well then fuck, if you've stepped to the plate in search of the game-winning rbi and now you aren't even attempting to collect a hit, sit the fuck down.

8. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

There's no good option on that list, that's for sure. Either we're sending additional troops into what may already be a civil war (a race in which we have no horse), we're giving insurgents/warring factions/terrorists a clear timetable on when the real hard-core anarchy can begin, or we're abandoning a quagmire that is largely our doing.

Meanwhile, Pakistan, one of our "allies in the war on terror," is harboring a resurgent al-Qaida, and right over the border, the Taliban is re-establishing itself as a scourge in Afghanistan. That's where the focus has to be, but we're already stretched thin in Iraq. The whole thing's a nightmare.

9. OK, I'll bite.

I pick 3.

10. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Get yourself a map of Syria.

And then, like the Beasties always say, "get busy."

11. What he said.

12. The WMD's went to Syria!!!!!
    God, this was a debunked talking-point three years ago, no matter how much Hannity loves it.
    Give it up, please.

Draft saved Draft deleted