1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

British troops to leave Iraq

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Ellis Redding, Feb 20, 2007.

1. Apologize if this is a D_B.

Blair to Announce Iraq Withdrawal Plan

LONDON (AP) -- Prime Minister Tony Blair will announce on Wednesday a new timetable for the withdrawal of British troops from Iraq, with 1,500 to return home in several weeks, the BBC reported. Blair will also tell the House of Commons during his regular weekly appearance that a total of about 3,000 British soldiers will have left southern Iraq by the end of 2007, if the security there is sufficient, the British Broadcasting Corp. said, quoting government officials who weren't further identified.

2. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

With the Dems in power, I think Blair is reading the writing on the wall. If only Bush wasn't so blind.

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Sorry Ellis, I only accept world news if it comes from D_B.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Well, we'll get back to this post in 2009...

5. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

I heard a snippet on the radio on the way into work today that Prince Harry was scheduled to go to Iraq. Maybe they didn't want his highness in that quagmire, so they're pulling out everyone.

6. markvid

markvid Guest

a total of about 3,000 British soldiers will have left southern Iraq by the end of 2007, if the security there is sufficient
    Blair's playing both sides. We all know security there is unstable and will continue to be, so now he'll have a reason to not make any further reductions.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

"If I was in YOUR shoes, I'd be..."

"LEAVING!!! What a good idea!!!"

:eek: :eek:

8. Hed bust

Hed bust Guest

So, is Harry not going now?
    I saw on at least two big media outlets Tuesday at noon that he was indeed headed down range.
    Over and over we've seen, this "coalition" is about 80 percent U.S. troops and 10 percent all the others combined.

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

hahahahhahahhahahahahhahahahahahaha. oh man, that is fucking rich.

you owe me a mouthful of bourbon and water there chief. anyway, here's a link: http://www.43things.com/things/view/128490 it could come in handy.

10. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

The White House is trying to spin this British withdrawal as a sign of success, as if it's a natural byproduct of things winding down in Iraq ... just as we're sending thousands of additional troops there. Once again, reality is just too frightening for these people to confront.

11. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

Leaving the American people, once again, holding the bag.

A body bag.

Burn in hell George W. Bush.

12. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

So the coalition of the willing is now an army of one.

Draft saved Draft deleted