1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

britain damn sure does have talent

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by txsportsscribe, Mar 27, 2012.

1. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I don't think it's because they're not typically attractive people (I don't think any of them is ugly). It's about the way that they present themselves on stage that makes the performance surprising. This kid is shaking like a leaf but his concentration is amazing. Love, love, LOVE him.

2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Or American Idol ...

3. HC

HC Well-Known Member

That's why it's not American Singer. :D

4. young-gun11

young-gun11 Member

Melanie Amaro originally didn't get a spot on X Factor because she is bigger than the skinny asian girl or USC chick who couldn't sing for shit. Amaro is beautiful (but that's beside the point) and won the damn thing because she was the best singer.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I don't watch any of the karaoke shows on TV, so I have to ask - would somebody singing opera have a shot in hell on American TV?

6. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I totally get him dressing like that on the street, going to the market.

In this case he's going on TV, to essentially a worldwide market. And given his talent level, I suspect he's been on stage before, and I'll bet it wasn't in sweats and a t-shirt.

7. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

If they sang on the American version of the show, it would be interrupted by BABA BOOEY, BABA BOOEY....GET THE POISON OUT OF YOUR SYSTEM!!

8. Cowell knows exactly what's coming -- he's the show's creator and is PT Barnum reincarnated

9. HC

HC Well-Known Member

For the record, he sang in an operatic vocal style but wasn't singing classical music - it was a Celine Dion/Andrea Bocelli duet called "The Prayer". Lots of cross over types making big bucks.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I was thinking more like the dude who sang Nessun Dorma whose dream was to sing opera. He was the first big "Oh, that's that doofus going to do? HOLY CRAP, HE'S AWESOME!" moments that I can remember from that show.

11. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I gotta tell ya, I like this kid waaaaaaaaaaaaay more than Paul Potts.

Draft saved Draft deleted