1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bringing home a new pup

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dark_Knight, Sep 7, 2012.

1. Tom Petty

Tom Petty New Member

hopefully, unlike boom, his penis will grow, too! ; )

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

OMFG SO WORTH THE WAIT.

He is ADORABLE. Congrats, DK! I couldn't get Winston to sit still that long when he was new (three months old) so good on you!

Secondly, in response to qtlaw, Winston still does the stretch-squat 95 percent of the time and he's 13 months old. However, I boarded him once for four days and now, occasionally, when he's next to the fence he'll hike the leg. But generally, just a good ol' stretch-squat.

3. Dark_Knight

Dark_Knight Member

He has yet to lift his leg, which, OK, he's 8 weeks. But if we start hitting 6 months and there's no leg liftage, then there might be some concern. How does one teach a dog to do that? Teach by example? I'm not sure how my neighbors would feel about that. But he's gonna be a leg-lifter, dammit!!!!

4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

That's one ugly dog.
    Looks kind of dumb, too.

5. Amy

Amy Well-Known Member

Sometimes puppy proofing needs to be a lifelong practice.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publicsafety/crime/family-rejoices-while-beagle-in-a-snit-over-recovery-of-money-he-ate/1251667

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Our pointer killed a rabbit today and buried it.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I remember when my beagle/hound mix hiked for the first time. I was so proud.

8. Dark_Knight

Dark_Knight Member

Finally! A worthy story from the little guy.

I was walking him last night around my apartment complex before bed and two attractive ladies (mid-20s –– near my age group) see him and make their way towards us. Jackpot, I thought. The little guy is turning out to be a good wingman (wingdog?). Well they come say hi and he races over to be petted and eats up the attention, and the girls and I start talking. Well Abbott suddenly gets shy and hurries over to hide behind between my feet. Why, I don't know. He jumps up on my leg to pick him up and I ignore him because of the conversation and instead of getting back down and sitting between my feet like he normally does, he –– and this is the first time this has happened –– begins to hump my leg. I'm oblivious to it at first, and the girls start laughing. I didn't remember saying anything funny, but, y'know, I was gonna roll with it. That's when I felt Abbott's awkward humps beginning to hit my ankle. Oh, god. What is he doing?!

The conversation abruptly ended and the girls walked away. Sigh. I don't know why he chose that exact moment to take action on his humping impulse, but it really couldn't have come at a worse time.

Time to start the countdown: only four more weeks until the big snip.

9. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Awesome! But the big snip might not curtail that. It's just instinct. You just have to get him to stop. My female dog still does it to my other (female) dog once in a while. Funny stuff, though.

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

DK: "He takes after his old man." *wink*

He's giving you GOLD.

Draft saved Draft deleted