1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bringing happiness back to Happy Valley

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JackReacher, Nov 21, 2013.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/10007270/bringing-happiness-back-happy-valley

Pretty good story on Penn State freshman quarterback Christian Hackenberg and the freshman class that decided to stay despite the sanctions that were handed down for the Sandusky mess. Sounds like a good kid. Hard not to root for him. And Penn State.

Also, Uncle Pussy!!!

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, as long as a huge percentage of the PSU fanbase continues to push the 'JoePa was framed' / 'media witch hunt' / 'what Sandusky did really wasn't that bad' bullshit, I'm not too interested in any feel-good stories about the program.

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

A huge percentage of the PSU fanbase believes that what Sandusky did really wasn't that bad?

4. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Fuck Penn State.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

They continue to cry that PSU has been 'unfairly penalized' and demand reductions in the penalties.

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Maybe Richard Dawkins is a Penn State fan.

7. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Fuck Penn State.

8. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Isn't the school fighting the sanctions?

I grew up rooting for Penn State. Practically my entire family went there. I knew the fight song by the time I was 5 or 6.

I cannot imagine ever rooting for Penn State again.

10. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Starman the strawman builder strikes again.

Please show me evidence that "a huge percentage of the PSU fan base" believes that "What Sandusky did really wasn't that bad." Oh, hell, forget about "a huge percentage", show me evidence that anyone from PSU has ever said such a thing.

I read the PSU board apologists after the scandal and the one claim none ever made was that. Instead, the only time I've ever seen such a ludicrous thing suggested was in a couple posts on THIS board, by our own resident pervert, Mark. To my knowledge, Mark has no affiliation or fan connection to Penn State.

11. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Yeah, there's a HUGE difference between saying "what Sandusky did really wasn't that bad," and saying "Penn State got slammed by the NCAA without due process, for reasons unrelated to NCAA rules violations."

12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

God bless the interwebs, where one outlier's post or tweet is used as a blanket condemnation of an enormous group of people with nothing in common other than the place they went to school and/or the laundry they root for on a football field.

Draft saved Draft deleted