1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bribery, greed: All for a little bit of Ivy League

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by CD Boogie, Mar 12, 2019.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

and if we aren't gonna let these idiot kids into these schools where the hell are we getting our next generation of CEOs and senators?

BadgerBeer likes this.
  2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

If all the money spent to get these stupid rich kids into good schools went to cover the cost of educating smart poor kids, I'd sign off on it.

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

this is why sports night season 1 had a laugh track

4. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Just give the kid the $6 million. Fuck school.

wicked likes this.
  5. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

yeah but then he wouldn't have earned it

6. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

7. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

If you're too dumb to get into these places, aren't you going to be too dumb to graduate from them?

Oh, that's right, Yale don't fail.

8. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Me, too. My cousin's daughter will be going to college in the fall on a partial soccer scholarship, which she earned legitimately (yes, she really plays, and is very good at it). I also have a nephew who's a high school junior who has been working so hard and aiming so pointedly at college that he sounds more like he's in the midst of a job hunt than looking at colleges and applying to them when he talks about it. He's a superior student and not an athlete, although he's playing volleyball (it used to be because he liked it and he's almost 6-5, until he tired of it and the club scene took so much time away from all the homework/studying that he wanted to concentrate on, so now, basically, it's just because, admittedly, it looks good on a college application "resume," as he calls it).

Cal is his top choice for a college. He's also interested in UCLA and USC but he thinks he 's unlikely to get into either place. I asked him once why he feels that way, given the advanced, college-geared program he's in, his excellent grades, and his reasonably active student life.

I guess maybe he knew something I didn't about the people who get accepted to these universities.

9. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Bob Kraft agrees with you.

10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

This is very funny.

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Ain't no one going to jail 'cept those taking the money.

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

They didn’t use the owner of the whore house to narc on her Johns or Bobs.

Draft saved Draft deleted