1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Brian Williams vs. Jon Stewart

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by finishthehat, Jul 21, 2009.

1. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

I'm not sure the "confrontation" was as sincere as the Times seems to think, but at any rate there's some pretty good back-and-forth here.

(As always, sorry for any d-b-ness.)

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/07/21/jon-stewart-vs-brian-williams/

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I didn't see it, but these two are usually as friendly as they get.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Based on what I just watched, they were clearly joking around.

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Yeah, every time Williams has been on The Daily Show, there's been that feigned hostility between the two, with Williams acting like the smug "real" newsman and Stewart the frat boy jokester. It's all part of the act ...

5. chilidog75

chilidog75 Member

It's a good act, too.
    Williams is great on that show.

6. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

If you see Brian Williams on any show, you know he's kidding around. It makes him seem more human without being over the top. Good work!

7. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

The NYT person who blogged this item and posted the video needs to get out more and buy a sense of humor. Jeeeez.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I think there is respect between the two of them - I saw it and enjoyed it. Certainly, Brian Williams is not Jim Cramer. He raises Stewart's game.

9. Tucsondriver

Tucsondriver Member

no shit!

10. shockey

shockey Active Member

DING! DING! DING!

has this guy NEVER seen the show before? or NEVER seen williams in a comedy setting?

11. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

The deadpan on the Carrot Top line was so strong. Love Brian Williams. Great back and forth.

12. OrangeGrad

OrangeGrad Member

I believe that was Williams' 15th appearance on the show. Every time I've seen him on it, the two go back and forth like they did in this clip. It was hilarious. That's how those two roll. It makes for good TV.

Draft saved Draft deleted