1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Brian Urlacher, big baby?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by WaylonJennings, Oct 26, 2007.

1. Apparently he won't give more than one-word answers to the media, but won't tell anyone why, and Rick Morrissey takes him to task today:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/columnists/cs-071025morrissey,1,6581515.column?coll=chi_sports_util

I didn't realize there was that much tension between the Bears and the Chicago media. Lovie Smith has such a reputation as one of the good guys.

That being said, sometimes these guys can be unbelievable, they really can.

2. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

Maybe one-word answers are all he's capable of.

3. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

Ironically, Urlacher has been letting his play on the field do the talking lately. It has been similarly silent (although he had a nice game vs. Philly).

If this somehow causes the Bears to appreciate Lance Briggs more ---- and pay him accordingly ---- it is a good thing.

/bearsfanboyloser

4. If I recall, Briggs wouldn't talk to the media for the first few weeks of the season, either.

5. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

I think he was trying to get over the whiplash.

(I can "understand" Briggs not talking, in the sense that he had an off-field "distraction." Seems like Urlacher is just being a baby.)

6. PTOWN

PTOWN Member

I know that when Urlacher makes public appearences in smaller towns here in Illinois that he rarely, if ever speaks to the media. I think it's a real dick move and was even more pissed when he came here and there was nowhere in our story that Big Bri refused comment. We just storked him.

7. pallister

pallister Guest

He's probably just mad they keep asking him what the hell he's doing on all those 12-yard runs up the middle the Bears seem to surrender 10 times a game.

8. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

And there's always that, too...

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Of course, if he's giving one word answers, he's not refusing comment

10. Maybe they should stop asking him true or false questions.

Draft saved Draft deleted