1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Brian Grant diagnosed with Parkinson's

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by PCLoadLetter, May 18, 2009.

1. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

2. greenlantern

greenlantern Guest

Wow. That sucks.

3. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

That is awful. I always liked Brian Grant, and I hate reading about things like this happening to people so young. Stay strong.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

For a guy who did so much for sick kids when he was in Portland, this really blows.

5. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

The only time I ever saw Grant in person was about 8 years ago or so when he was playing for the Heat. It was Christmas and Mrs. W and I were in Miami on vacation. We pulled into a gas station on S. Dixie Highway and Grant was there looking like he just came from practice (icepack on his knees, warmup gear, etc.). There is a homeless guy begging for change and Grant is talking to him. I go in to buy some snacks for our drive and wait on line for a couple of minutes. When I walk out, Grant is sitting down on the curb talking to the guy, and has given him a bunch of bills .

6. Drip

Drip Active Member

Very sad. I wonder if this may have been the reason why his numbers fell so dramatically?

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It's been a bad week for former Kings players.

8. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

I must admit I don't know a lot about Parkinson's -- is this going to be fatal quickly or is it a condition that will get worse over time?

9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

It's what Ali and Michael J. Fox have. It just slowly robs you of your motor coordination.

10. greenlantern

greenlantern Guest

Think Rush "Assclown" Limbaugh will make fun of Grant like he did Michael J. Fox?

11. RossLT

RossLT Guest

I always liked watching Grant play, he always seemed like a guy who busted his ass and never cared much about numbers.

Wish him all the best.

12. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Very slowly - but typically progressive, even with heavy medication. Some are affected physically, others mentally and at different paces for both.

Truly an ugly disease. Best of everything to Brian Grant.

Draft saved Draft deleted