1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Brexit or how I'll make a killing in forex

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JohnHammond, Jun 23, 2016.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Donald wants a wall around the solar system.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

3. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

I mean the vote did split the ruling conservative party, with some members supporting Brexit and some, notably Cameron, opposing it.
    As I understand it...
    The conservative case for Remain often revolved around business interests.
    The liberal case for Leave would revolve around a distrust of multinational institutions (such as when you see distrust of the World Trade Organization). There were also promises that money saved from leaving the EU (how much was actually saved was highly arguable, but Leave proponents promised a lot) would be poured into the country's national health services.

4. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Searches also spiked in Wisconsin and Virginia.

5. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Phil Collins, RIP?

6. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

In a related story, the 1988 funk classic "Da Butt" by E.U. has returned to the charts straight in at No. 1.

Big Circus likes this.
  7. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

The older you were, the more likely you were to vote Leave. The same with being economically screwed.

So, basically it was a bunch of senile pensioners holding hands with the perpetually unemployed as they jumped off the cliff, all the while singing Rule Britannia.

8. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I love how Boris Johnson is now saying that the UK has to take its time pulling out of the EU. This guy and Nigel Farange and others have been beating the drum on this for so long, if it's so important why the delay?

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

It's the English equivalent of what the end of Obamacare would look like. Sounds good but nobody knows fuck-all about how to accomplish it.

wicked likes this.
  10. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

To soon be replaced by A Cockney Boy Can Survive.

Big Circus, dixiehack and Batman like this.
  11. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Is there anyone even alive in the U.K. who remembers what life was like before the EU?

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

It's only been 25 years, more or less, since it was constituted in its current form.

Draft saved Draft deleted