1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Brewers to hit Young And Restless

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by casty33, May 23, 2007.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

You think?

2. casty33

casty33 Active Member

BYH: Wasn't Erik Karros on the show a few times?

The Sheila-Phyllis storyline was one of the worst plots they ever had on the show. Sheila supposedly had a doctor perform plastic surgery to make her look like Phyllis. But good old Paul Williams saved the day by capturing her and putting her in a cage, where eventually the lovely Lauren ended the snorefest by shooting Sheila.

Lauren still looks good but she's married to Michael Baldwin and not in too many scenes these days. The hottest among the women now is Sharon.

As for the Nick question, no one knows. His plane (the Newman jet) went down and he is presumed dead but word is that the actor who plays the part has been in contract negotiations so I'm pretty sure he'll be miraculously found in a week or two.

And Lisa, you are definitely correct. When I covered baseball, I knew of about six players who were regular soap fans, mostly All My Children but a few Young And The Restless fans.

BYH misses the show, I'm sure.

3. Gold

Gold Active Member

Yogi Berra was on General Hospital a long time ago. He didn't have a line but he was eating in the cafeteria and after he left, one of the characters asked "Isn't that the famous brain surgeon?"

4. boots

boots New Member

Casty, do you remember Mrs. Nogatuck?

5. casty33

casty33 Active Member

Sorry, boots, that's not ringing a bell.

6. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Scott Gomez did a guest star appearance on a soap opera in 2000 when the Devils won the Cup.

7. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

At some point in the '80s Jim Bouton had a briefly recurring role on One Life to Live. I started looking that up, found "Ball Four" on Amazon and read the first few pages and have now had to pull that classic off my bookshelf and start reading it again. See you all in a couple days.

8. boots

boots New Member

Casty, my big mistake. Mrs. Nogatuck was on Maude. Esther was Kay Chancellor's maid before Jill and Mom Foster.

9. Soap operas and comic books operate by the same "no body, no dead" maxim

10. John

John Well-Known Member

Sharon Case. Mmmmmm.

(I watched the show when I was in college.)

11. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

Screw Young & The Restless - it has nothing on General Hospital!

12. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

John Riggins was on some soap -- Guiding Light? -- a few years ago.

Draft saved Draft deleted