1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Brett Michaels rushed to hospital

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by bagelchick, Apr 23, 2010.

1. mb

mb Active Member

You know it's been awhile now ... wonder if he still feels so much pain.

2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

That gives him somethin' to believe in.

3. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Unconscious bop, just blew him away.

Unconscious bop, bop, he's better today.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

He's talking dirty to the nurses.

5. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

"My best friend died a lonely man in some Palm Springs motel room..."

For all of the glam rock, Michaels actually churned out a damn great song in "Something To Believe In", what was Poison's last gasp.

I met and interviewed him two years ago when he came through town and he was unbelievably sincere and genuine. As if he knew he lived a wild, WILD life for 15 years and was just coming to grips with the rest of his days.

Hope he pulls through.

If not - the guy lived one amazing life.

6. fishhack2009

fishhack2009 Active Member

Update from today:

Wonderwall, April 24, 2010
    Related: News, Bret Michaels
    Us Weekly -- Bret Michaels is recovering from his massive brain hemorrhage, his father says.

Wally Sychek tells RadarOnline.com he spoke to his son, 47, in the hospital Friday morning.

"He sounded upbeat and positive but they had him sedated," Sycheck said. "But he's doing good. He sounded like my son."

The former Poison frontman's rep told UsMagazine.com Saturday, "Bret remains in critical condition at an undisclosed location. Further tests arDad: Hospitalized Bret Michaels is 'Doing Good'Wonderwall, April 24, 2010
    Related: News, Bret Michaels
    Us Weekly -- Bret Michaels is recovering from his massive brain hemorrhage, his father says.

Wally Sychek tells RadarOnline.com he spoke to his son, 47, in the hospital Friday morning.

"He sounded upbeat and positive but they had him sedated," Sycheck said. "But he's doing good. He sounded like my son."

The former Poison frontman's rep told UsMagazine.com Saturday, "Bret remains in critical condition at an undisclosed location. Further tests are
    being run and information will be updated in the coming days."

Sychek says doctors believe Michaels' hemorrhage and emergency appendectomy earlier this month are complications from his type 1 diabetes.

"We're all keeping our fingers crossed and saying our prayers," Sychek said. "He just needs to be quiet now and get rested."

Michaels' two daughters with ex-girlfriend Kristi Lynn Gibson and his tour manager are currently at his bedside in the hospital, Sychek added.

7. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

"He sounded like my son."

Yes... upbeat, positive and sedated.

8. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

He stepped off the bus, out into the city street, just a small town boy with his whole life packed in a suitcase by his feet.......

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2010/05/04/bret-michaels-released-from-hospital/?hpt=T3

and the "bullshit" meter suddenly spikes

10. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Huh?

He's been discharged from the Barrow Neurological Institute. Because of privacy laws they cannot say where he is now, but he is still in critical condition, being watched closely in case there is an aneurysm the tests missed.

They expect him to make a full recovery -- something only 10% to 20% of people ever do after suffering a subarachnoid hemorrhage. Dude is doing remarkably well.

11. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Surreal/amazing/insulting/bad timing marquee of the year.

I was in Biloxi last week for work at the Champions Tour event played at the course I do PR for -- Fallen Oak. My room at the Beau Rivage overlooked the neighboring Hard Rock Hotel.

The same Hard Rock Hotel advertising Brett Michaels appearing May 29.

Ouch. :eek: ???

12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Of course!

Draft saved Draft deleted