1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Brett Favre, Thiesmann and The Kids In The Hall

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Bubbler, Aug 28, 2006.

1. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

You're dead to me now, buckdub. You're not a brother or a friend. I don't want to know you or what you do.

Just for the record, fuck the Braves and motherfuck the Packers with a broken broomhandle. :D

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I have no quarrel with anything you said except the whole "real Chi fans support the Sox." Um, no. My grandfather took me to my first Cubs game when I was three (in '84). I still remember it. He's now dead.

My grandparents are/were Cubs fans. My mom is a Cubs fan. My friends are/were Cubs fans (I grew up 2 1/2 miles from Wrigley). It's in my blood, and impossible to escape. To give up now would be to admit that the last 25 years were both fruitless and futile, and I'll be damned if that's going to happen.

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Fourth-and-26 was bad. Bhawoh Jue will forever live in infamy to me for giving that up.

Bad as it was, I think one reason why non-Packer fans get annoyed with the past-their-sell-date Favre fellatios is rooted in that game.

His interception in overtime had the elliptical arc of a fucking bubble blown by one of my tykes in the backyard. A terrible pass, terrible decision, terrible consequence.

And because his dad died a month earlier, he was exonerated in the court of public opinion. He should have been skewered equally as much as Sherman/Jue/Ed Donatell (who was foolishly fired, while the Packers kept questionable offensive coordinator Tom Rossley, who was conservative to a fault), but never was.

I remember yelling jokingly from my sister's living room when he threw that ball, "Irv Favre, why have you forsaken us!"

But like I said, I don't want to diminish 4th-and-26. I think it was so bad I briefly blocked it out of my mind.

On my three-hour drive home that night, in the middle of a hellacious Wisconsin ice storm, about 50 miles into the trip I yelled, "holy shit!"

Mrs. Bubbler says, "What! Is someone spinning out?"

"No, I just fucking realized the Packers gave up a 4th-and-26. How the hell did that happen!"

Draft saved Draft deleted