1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Brett Favre Retirement Drama, 2008 Edition

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Starman, Jan 21, 2008.

1. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Did anyone read this gem on ESPN.com?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3206784&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab2pos1
    That's a lede.

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

They still count, dammit! :D

As I recall, don't the Bears call themselves 10-time champions with a similar cadre of titles occuring before the atom bomb was dropped?

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The story I read a few weeks back pretty much said he was coming back...

Does anyone healthy retire after finishing as the runner-up for the MVP?

4. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

I would think he will be back. He should be back. But if he decides to retire it is clear that he returned this year for the records and the records alone.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

That was a god-awful pick — and that's coming from a Philly fan — but if the defense stops them on fourth-and-26 it never gets to that point. Bottom line, unless it's a fluke thing like a hail mary, NO defense — especially in the NFL — should ever allow someone to convert on fourth-and-26.

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

You meant to use the blue font on that, right?
    Favre had a terrible championship game, but a great season. He came back because he thought the Packers were talented enough to make a Super Bowl run. Even though they didn't get there, he was obviously correct in that regard. I'm sure the records played a part in his decision, but it's now clear they weren't the only factor.

Draft saved Draft deleted