1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Brett Favre or Michael Vick?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mark2010, May 21, 2009.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Vick is a mediocre NFL QB. Favre has turned into a goddamn diva (may have already been one).

Is "walk into a lightpole instead" a viable option here?

2. suburbia

suburbia Active Member

The problem with Kordell Stewart Slash-types is that they're only going to take you so far before they run into a smart, quick defense that takes away their ability to run and are forced to win with their arm. And we all saw what happened when Kordell was forced to win games with his arm.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I meant the way they used Kordell his rookie season. He comes in on third down, they toss it to him and he can run it, throw it, do whatever... That's the only way I see anyone using Vick next season.

4. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Take it with a grain of salt, but John Clayton mentioned St. Louis, Seattle, San Francisco and New England as possibilities the other night.

Vick to the Pats shouldn't be considered all that shocking. They apparently LOVED Pat White going into the draft.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Seattle? No fucking way... Mora Jr. got himself fired so he could get away from Vick.

I could see him being a third-down back for the Pats. Niners? I could see Singletary taking a chance on him. St. Louis? Maybe...

6. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

The moment Kordell was not the fastest player on the field, he was worthless. When outside linebackers started chasing him down from behind, Cowher should have given up on him that second. The Steelers wasted at least one Super Bowl on that crybaby.

But, Mizzou is correct, when Kordell was a rookie, and in his second season I think, he changed the game.

I just don't think Vick is the fastest player on the field anymore.

8. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

I think it will be Vick, because at some point someone is going to take a chance and sign him to a deal and he'll get in a game. And because I'm apparently one of the few people around who think Favre is done. Maybe that's wishful thinking, but my belief is he's going to need surgery on his shoulder before he can even attempt a comeback, and at his age I just don't think he's up for surgery, followed by a lengthy rehab, just on the off-chance that he might get an offer from some team to be named later. IMO, all this talk of Favre coming back is just Brett blowing smoke up ESPN's ass for kicks, because he knows they'll buy it.

9. dargan

dargan Active Member

Neither.

Quincy Carter.

10. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

But even if Vick is used as a slash-type player, does he line up at QB? He might be able to play a slot receiver, I don't think he's big enough play on the outside. You might be able to line him up and use him as a decoy/stretch the field, but he's got to be a bit slower than he was. Maybe as a 3rd down RB to catch swing passes and run outside? possiblity, but again I think he's lost a step and hasn't been on the field in at least two years. That's a tall order.

P.S. have we seen any post-prison photos? Dudes usually come out with a bit more weight because of all the starchy food and working out you do. That might make him even slower.

11. RossLT

RossLT Guest

No fucking way does Vick come to Seattle. With all the crazy people here who value animal life over human, he would get run out rather quickly.

Draft saved Draft deleted