1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Brett Favre: Free Agent

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ifilus, Apr 29, 2009.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

No, Drew Henson. Apparently they decided he was beyond "mentoring." ::) ::)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  2. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

That was Drew Henson. Get your mediocre NFL backups named Drew from the state of Michigan that went to Big 10 schools in Michigan right, dude. ;D

3. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

That was obvious when they were 0-14 and still wouldn't play him. Tough life when you can't start for the worst team in the history of the NFL after the three guys in front of you are bruised and battered.

4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Ha! Thanks for the clarification.

Wait. They both "played" for the Lions?

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Any minute now, I'm expecting the announcement that Stafford has sprained his pinky finger, resulting in his being placed on the injured reserve list, the Lions' customary technique of defusing any possible "quarterback controversy."

Since it was pioneered by Mayhew's mentor (heheheh) Matt Millen, why not come back to this time-tested technique??

Well, it helps when the offensive coordinator, head coach and GM running the franchise are all unconditionally incompetent imbeciles. How much worse would Henson, or Stanton, have been than Lardbucket Culpepper, or for that matter, before him, Close Friend of Jeezus Jon Kitna?? Would they have gone 0-26?

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Much as I would hate to see it, if Minnesota's smart, they'll take a long, hard look at him.

He's better than who they have.

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

As a Bears' fan I whole-heartedly endorse this idea.

8. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I dunno, when they are losing every game because of his interceptions, they'll have to throw more instead of burning through Adrian Peterson's knees that much faster.

9. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

He makes me miss Charlie Batch.

10. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

No.

No, no.

No, no, no, no, no, no, ad infinitem.

NO!!!!

I have been a Vikings fan since I was a baby. One of my earliest memories is watching a Vikings game on a grainy, black and white television.

I would rather see the Vikings go 0-16 than see that prima donna puke in a purple and gold jersey.

Don't even think it, don't even speak it.

NO!

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

TJack 4-Eva!

12. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

I agree with Rosie.

No, no, no to Favre as a Viking. Not now, not ever. If Favre signs with the Vikings, I'll find a new team to root for after many, many years of loyalty.

Draft saved Draft deleted