1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Brett Favre: Bad decision

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by poindexter, Jan 31, 2008.

1. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Love poin's avatar.

2. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

I would say he had two guys wide open. The receiver on the left was double covered. The receiver on the right was blanketed. Bubba Franks could pick him up a short gain and if he placed the ball well enough to the guy running the inward-post, it could be a first down.

3. pallister

pallister Guest

No.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'm not saying that was the final throw of his career, but I think it's a safe bet that when all is said and done, Favre's final NFL pass will be an interception...

5. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Yeah, I could see that playing out. And I'm afraid when it comes, it will be a much more pathetic moment than this one.

6. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

Has anybody noticed that Brett Favre really seems to love football?

7. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

That photo comes from after Favre has thrown the ball and Webster already made his break on it. When you watch the video of it (instead of a snapshot well after it was thrown), you see it was a timing route. Favre released the ball before Driver was even out of his break. They got the coverage they wanted, so there was no reason to look to other receivers.

It was just a bad throw. If he throws it farther to the sidelines, Driver has an easy catch for a first down. Instead, he almost hits Driver in the numbers, a prime spot where Webster can jump the route.

Favre has made plenty of bad decisions in his career. This wasn't one of them. It was just a bad throw.

Draft saved Draft deleted