1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Brett Dennen rocks

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JR, Sep 2, 2011.

1. JR

JR Active Member

HC will say he's my PK Subban of the musical world :) but I absolutely love his guy. And a weird dude to boot.

His "Sydney" is infectious

And to kick it up another notch, here's his cover of Michael Jackson's "Billie Jean" That takes balls and it works

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

"The One Who Loves You The Most" is one of my favorite songs of all time.
  3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

That being said, Chris Cornell's version kicks Dennen's version's ass.

David Cook's version of Billie Jean (as done by Cornell) was also great.

4. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

I agree with you on this one IJAG. Dennen is an amazing talent. Love his music.

Yes, I loved David Cook's version of Billie Jean the best.
  5. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

When it comes to greta vocalists of the last 25 years, Chris Cornell doesn't seem to get his due or at least enough credit for that great voice.
  6. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Not sure I'd say he "rocks" but he is damn talented. Discovered him through Pandora.

I LOVE this one... "Ain't No Reason"

And a pretty good live version of "She's Mine."

Never heard this one before. "There Is So Much More." He has a ton of great stuff out there.

7. beardpuller

beardpuller Active Member

I had never heard of Brett Dennen until a few years ago when he was doing a noontime concert on a Philly station I listen to. I wasn't really listening until he kicked into "My Brother's Blood." Holy crap. It reached out through the car radio, grabbed me and threw me around. A real "Who the heck was that?" moment. All too rare.
Draft saved Draft deleted