1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bret Bielema takes on Fat Chuck and the Irish

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by PopeDirkBenedict, Apr 19, 2007.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Yeah, Jimmy Clausen is making it pretty easyto want to see him fail...

2. armageddon

armageddon Active Member

Only time I've ever seen Clausen play was the Army All-American game. Those games can be misleading by I thought the kid going to Michigan (huge kid from Texas or OK I think) looked better and was less of a head case.

3. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

How good can a kid be with a release point like Clausen's? He's practically a sidewinder. I knows Rivers has a similiar delivery; he's also huge by comparison. He's also damn smart.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

He's good because Leprachaun Charlie has him... that's why. He'd be ordinary anywhere else.

5. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Alma,

How can a kid who looks like this not be good? I mean, I thought every great qb needs a metrosexual haircut.

[​IMG]

And somehow, I don't think we will find a similiar picture in the Manning or Brady family albums.

[​IMG]

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

nice find...

7. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

8. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

Not sure where the avoiding Michigan or OSU comment comes from, but if you are going to talk shit at least do the research. In 1993 UW won Rose Bowl and beat Michigan and tied OSU. In '98 they did avoid OSU but in '99 they lost to Michigan and beat OSU. 3 Rose Bowl wins and they played both Michigan and Ohio State in 2 of those years.

9. armageddon

armageddon Active Member

You also could have noted that The Sweater is 1-3 vs. UW, including 0-2 in Columbus. Who knew? :eek:

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Wow. Jim Tressel is somebody's bitch... who knew

11. BillySixty

BillySixty Member

I should have clarified. UW never beats OSU and Michigan in the same year. I think that's always what has stopped them from being one of the "elite" programs in the country.

However, the Badgers haven't played both in the same year since 2002, when they lost to both.

Unless the Big Televen adds a championship game, it would behoove Bielema to schedule a marquee non-conference game to boost their BCS profile. Although, checking the schedules, in 2008, Wisconsin opens the Big Televen schedule at Michigan, home against Ohio State and Penn State and then at Iowa. That's pretty brutal.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Draft saved Draft deleted