1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bret Bielema takes on Fat Chuck and the Irish

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by PopeDirkBenedict, Apr 19, 2007.

1. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=593408

Just when I thought I couldn't like Bielema any more than I did before, he goes and does this.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I'd agree with Bielema about 87%, but the reason Wisconsin didn't go BCS was the cream-cheese cotton-candy schedule left to him by Uncle Barry.

3. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Another staple just broke in Charlie's belly, he's so mad.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Two teams in the BCS from each conference is enough or the bowls would take three Big Ten and SEC teams every year.
    But he's spot on about Notre Dame...

5. And this coming from the occupant of the Thrione of Peter.
    I'm shocked.
    [​IMG]

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

On the plus side, he can swallow a whole 3 Musketeers again.

7. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Are you saying that if no restriction was in place, you'd have chosen Notre Dame over Wisconsin for a BCS bowl?

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I think the point is that the decision is never going to be based on who has the better football team as long as Notre Dame gets to be the only free agent. Even with no conference restriction, the BCS would take Notre Dame and its higher TV ratings.

If Notre Dame played in the Big Ten, Wisconsin would have more than likely had the chance to earn a BCS berth on the field against them. As it turned out, they didn't have that opportunity.

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Actually, if Notre Dame played in the Big 10 neither one of them would have been in a BCS game.

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Depending on how the schedule was drawn up, you are correct.

11. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

[​IMG]

Son, in 35 years of religious study, I have only come up with two hard, incontrovertible facts: there is a God, and...I am not Him

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Actually, if ND was in the big 10, there would be divisional play and more than likely Wisconsin would have faced at least two of OSu, PSU, UM and ND... and ND would have drawn two of Wis, OSU, UM and PSU...

Draft saved Draft deleted