1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Breeders' Cup: Zenyatta races for immortality

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by trifectarich, Nov 2, 2010.

1. Castellano on the 2 came off the rail and cut off another horse who almost went down and almost threw Garcia (I forget the name of the horse - sorry) - this all bumped Borel on the 12 and boxed him in a bit.

The finish was 4-2-6 but inquiry bumped Castellano on the 2 making the official 4-6-12. Borel finished 3rd but if not for Castellano he may have won. I'll have to see the replay but I think Castellano threw the first punch.

2. Broke my cherry today with More Than Real in the 6th. Just $4 across the board but better result than the last race.

3. http://thebiglead.com/index.php/2010/11/05/jockey-fight-at-the-breeders-cup/

4. Smash Williams

Smash Williams Well-Known Member

Jockey fight!

5. http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/104200/cripple-fight

6. holy bull

holy bull Active Member

Hard to tell from that angle if Castellano threw a punch or was just slapping Borel's finger out of his face. Castellano is a gentleman, I don't know of anyone who has a beef with him; he rode carelessly and was duly punished. Borel has a screw loose and should've taken it into the jocks' room instead of making a jackass of himself on TV on BC Day. I'm sure the bluebloods were appalled, but somewhere, there's an attention-starved marketing type who is quietly nodding with approval. NASCAR, anyone?

DQ cost my boss a sizeable trifecta.

7. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

My brother gave me that but I bet the one that finished third.

8. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Just watched it on YouTube - Borel did look royally pissed. Did what's her name from ESPN ever get any reaction from either jock? She said she (and everyone else) got tossed from the jockey's room.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Anybody who doubts the strength of jockeys needs to watch that video. Three guys were holding Borel and struggling to do so.

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Less the jockey in him, more the crazy Cajun in him. :)

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Inky, my wife, who is not familiar with racing, was thunderstruck at how strong Borel was. I don't think folks outside the sport understand that guiding demented animals weighing many hundreds of pounds of pure muscle creates a few muscles.

12. holy bull

holy bull Active Member

Anybody who doubts this should go ahead and try the race simulator at the Racing Hall of Fame. It kicked my ass.

Draft saved Draft deleted