1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Breeders' Cup program for purchase online?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by imjustagirl, Oct 30, 2010.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Ben Hecht? Someone?

I'm looking to purchase/print an online version of the BC program. I've found entries on the DRF site, but no opening line odds even.

Help?

2. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Early odds for those horses pre-entered are available at drf.com. You have 16 or 18 or 20 horses in a field, however, so if you can wait until Tuesday, when post positions are drawn, you won't be wasting your time handicapping horses that have been entered in more than one race.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Can you find me a link on drf.com? When I went there and went to Churchill Entries, it was only races 5 on and there were no odds.

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Trifecta's right. Until the final fields are solidified in a few days, any morning lines are premature, since they're dependent on the precise composition of each field.

Hadn't played in two months, but did the work last night, went to local OTB for three hours today,
    and hit the $68 number in the fifth at Laurel for a substantial punch. Life is good.

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Now, if someone INSISTS on having some rough guide, this minute, you can view the current
    European market on these races by visiting:

http://www.oddschecker.com/horse-racing-betting/ante-post-racing/breeders-cup

Knock yourself out.

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Sad this thread's at a crawl. Next Saturday's Classic is going to be one of the great racing events
    of the past twenty years, when Zenyatta finally faces the big boys on a surface over which they'll perform favorably.

7. holy bull

holy bull Active Member

It is sad, Ben. Surely reflective of indifference toward horse racing. Zen feature coming up on 60 Minutes. Interested to see how they treat it.

8. Crash

Crash Active Member

Here's hoping she kicks their asses.

9. Crash

Crash Active Member

With the Classic going off at 6:45, the lights could (and probably will) be on. What's everyone's take on that?

Churchill has had a lot of success running mid-week races under the lights, but this will be the first time major races are run under them. I'm pretty excited to see it, though I'm bummed I won't be there.

10. holy bull

holy bull Active Member

Bit of a traditionalist, so I'm not a big fan of the lights, but it's not the end of the world, either, as long as they don't mess with the Kentucky Derby.

60 Minutes piece on Zenyatta was OK, except they should've done more on the Mosses. The guy founded A&M Records, for crying out loud, and they just glazed over. Didn't even throw in a line about the origin of her name, which seems like a severe dereliction of duty in a general interest piece on a news magazine.

Draft saved Draft deleted