1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Breastfeeding: Is there a time and a place?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flash, Nov 13, 2008.

1. Flash

Flash Guest

Meh ... given my surgery, I may not be able to anyway.

2. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

For all those that think breastfeeding shouldn't be done in public I give a nice example from my family:

The last time we went on an airplane, my wife fed our then 12-month old the entire time there and the entire time back (about an hour and a half flight). Really, he wasn't feeding the whole time, but using it as comfort and thus he slept. I guarantee not a soul noticed what was going on and he was quiet the whole time. So would you rather have a kid who was breastfeeding during an entire flight that no one at all noticed or one that was screaming bloody murder the whole time?

My wife has breastfed two kids in every public place imaginable -- restaurants, zoos, Major League Baseball games -- and I don't even recall an uncomfortable look from another person. I'm guessing, as Lugnuts has said, that no one even freaking noticed. In a pool = bad. But public breastfeeding is fine.

Draft saved Draft deleted