1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Breaking News: Vick will not admit to killing dogs or gambling

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chuck~Taylor, Aug 23, 2007.

1. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Let me make sure I get this straight: Vick is pleading guilty that he was present when the dogs were killed. If that is the case, then why in the hell didn't he just say "screw it, I'll take my chances with the judge in a trial"?

In most cases, he would be considered as an accessory to the crime. In some places, he's just as guilty for letting it happened, even if he was present and didn't have a hand in it.

This is going to be something to watch. ::)

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

Good god, do you people have any clue what you've been reading all week or do you just swallow ESPN bullshit. This is not news. He never was CHARGED with killing dogs or gambling:

From the original story about the plea deal last Monday:

Vick is charged with conspiracy to travel in interstate commerce in aid of unlawful activities and conspiracy to sponsor a dog in an animal fighting venture.

Where exactly does it say he was charged with killing dogs or gambling?

And you morons call yourselves journalists?

3. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

[/color=blue]Well, I log into this site everyday to read what you write and think. I think that makes you a journalist. [/color]

Step away from the ginsu knives, grasshopper. [/David Carradine]

4. markvid

markvid Guest

Although I wouldn't put it exactly as Spnited did, he's right.
    Chuck, you are way off base here.
    He's not being charged with being present while dogs were killed.

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Didn't we do all this when we talked about the federal charges and how Vick could still be subject to state charges?

I swear we did...

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

At some point, the job of the fucking prosecutors is to put fucking criminals in fucking jail.

If this is how it plays out, some of the prosecutors need to lose their jobs, like right now.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Let us not forget the state charges to come.
    Am sure he's coping a plea for this, for the simple reason that the feds have him by the nuts for killing the dogs and he won't have to face charges,,, of course, stepdad can always testify for the state.,..

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7151408?MSNHPHMA
    In The Journal-Constitution report posted on the newspaper's Web site Thursday night, Michael Boddie, who is estranged from Vick and the quarterback's mother, also said some time around 2001 his son staged dogfights in the garage of the family home in Newport News, Va.

Boddie told the newspaper Vick kept fighting dogs in the family's backyard, including dogs that were "bit up, chewed up, exhausted." Boddie claimed to have nursed the dogs back to health.

The indictment against Vick does not mention the parents' former home in Newport News.

In the report, Boddie dismissed the idea that Vick's longtime friends were the main instigators of the dogfighting operation.

"I wish people would stop sugarcoating it," Boddie told The Journal-Constitution. "This is Mike's thing. And he knows it ... likes it, and he has the capital to have a set up like that."

The report said Boddie and the Atlanta Falcons quarterback have had a volatile relationship for years and that his son has refused to speak with him directly for the last 2 1/2 half months.

Boddie, 45, lives in an apartment his son has paid the rent on for the last three years. Vick, who has a $130 million contract with the Falcons, also gives him a couple of hundred dollars every week or two, the father told the newspaper.

In the report, Boddie also said he asked Vick for $1 million, spread out over 12 years, Vick declined, the father said. Recently, Boddie asked Vick, through an assistant, for $700,000 to live on.

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

With every post, Starman, you become a bigger ashole.

I repeat, Michael Vick NEVER was indicted for killing dogs or gambling on dog fights.
    He is pleading guilty to the charges that were brought against him.
    I realize "Starman justice" means death to everyone, but that is not the way the system works.
    And, Starman, if you think prosecutors should be fired for getting aplea from Vick, you -- if you even are a journalist -- should be fired and never allowed to work for a newspaper again for your total lack of intelligence.

And while I'm at it, for an absolute asshole like you to have John Lennon as your avatar is a disgrace.

9. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

This is bad newz.

10. Sportsbruh

Sportsbruh Member

NOT A CREDIBLE SOURCE.

I'll wait till monday and get the facts.

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I'll take that under advisement. Fuck you very much for your input.

You may now return to sucking the sack of a dog-killer. Boo Yah. ;)

12. Sportsbruh

Sportsbruh Member

HOW YOU KNOW?

stfu

Draft saved Draft deleted