1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

BREAKING NEWS: SJ.com introduces its sarcasm font.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by wickedwritah, Jan 23, 2007.

1. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I threw the blue possibility up there ... but whatever you people agree upon, I'm amenable to. Just as long as we have a surefire way of denoting sarcasm. ;)

2. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

Surely, all of SportsJournalists.com land will come to a fair and equitable decision on the matter, no?

3. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Yeah, that'll happen.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

TEST.. TEST... TEST...
    Mitch Albom is a hard working journalist who lets facts dictate the flow of his stories

END TEST END TEST

5. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I would just like to reissue my ongoing objection to this development.

You people are David Stern messing with a perfectly good ball.

If you need a font or color designation to indicate sarcasm, something is wrong with the sarcasm.

You don't intentionally announce sarcasm, the beauty of good sarcasm is sailing it over the head of the recipient, who realizes two days later there are bullet holes in his new sweater.

I once again urge you to reconsider this. Also the running threads, but that is for another day.

6. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Either you don't get sarcasm, or you get it better than anyone here. It's too early in the morning to figure out which, tho.

7. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Should we start a "RIP, sarcasm font" thread, 21? :D

8. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I'm kinda leaning toward 21 on this way. Part of the fun of sarcasm is the inability of some people to pick up on it. However, since we are dealing with the written word as opposed to the spoken word, I'll admit it can be difficult sometimes to pick up on it.

That being said, not really a fan of the new font. I may just use blue, if I remember.

9. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Take your time, you can get back to me this afternoon.

Look, this is a personal matter, I understand. It just seems needy...like a bad comic who tells a joke, and then says 'Get it? See, the guy walks into the bar with the horse! You get it, right?'

Plus I'm still cranky about the whole 'methinks' bullshit, so admittedly I have issues.

10. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I'm guessing a running "methinks" thread done totally in blue Courier would be out of the question.

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Methinks 21 LOOOOOVES the new dueling sarcasm fonts.

12. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

I'd rather just cut & paste shotty's warning logo rather than trying to remember a font or color for sarcasm.

Draft saved Draft deleted