1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Breaking News: My pick for Coolest Woman in the World

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by SF_Express, Mar 27, 2011.

1. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

OK, I'm 55, and leaving out women I've known and loved personally, I've often wondered of all the women in the world, who's the best combination of attractiveness, brains, (seeming) personality and (seeming) good balance in terms of life priorities and "having it all."

I know a couple of generations behind me has Natalie Portman on their minds. But it has finally dawned on me as I watch this infomercial on the TV above me in the office that nobody comes to mind who beats ...

Heidi Klum.

So that's it, Heidi Klum, SFE Coolest Woman in the World. Based on a lifetime of research.

That is all.

2. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

She'd certainly be on my list of candidates.

3. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

I'm younger, but still Jodie Foster has always represented the coolest woman to me. Really smart, talented, down to earth and engaging...and of course a lesbian. So a loss for our side.

4. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Kinda seems like we're looking for the female version of Tom Hanks here. Sandra Bullock comes to mind, in light of the million dollar gift she just pledged for Japan relief and the grace with which she handled the flameout ending of her marriage to Jesse James.

I'd like to think Reese Witherspoon and Amy Adams would merit consideration, but I just haven't read enough about their personal lives to have an opinion.

5. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Maybe it's because "Notting Hill" was on this morning, but I would think Julia Roberts gets in that conversation.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'll nominate Ashley Judd, Bridget Fonda and Elisabeth Shue.

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Halle Berry.

8. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Anna Faris.

9. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Elizabeth Shue. Adventures in Babysitting, Cocktail. Just a "cool", "fresh" woman.

10. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Jenna Fischer. Hot, yet believable, yet cool.

11. Good call. Almost went with her, but broke for Fey at the last second. Rounding out NBC's Thursday night must-sees, Alison Brie is up there for me as well.

Draft saved Draft deleted