1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Breaking news: I have TJ Simers' official response....

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by jason_whitlock, Aug 29, 2006.

1. i'm not getting nearly enough love for breaking this story...

y'all gonna force me to bring out my card.....

2. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

Ragu, just for the record: Simers isn't a big technology/internet/message board kinda guy. Might be as simple as that for his passing his comments along through JW.

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

SF, I'll accept that then. Falls closer to "odd," then.

4. Just as long as that's all you bring out.

5. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

You mean the one that gives you two-for-one at the restaurant?

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

bring it, jason. this pot needs some stirring.

7. shockey

shockey Active Member

um, does anyone ever think they have lousy taste? ??? ??? ???

(sorry to weigh in again, but couldn't resist. i'm weak) :eek: :eek: :eek:

8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Maybe he took a look around, saw the multi-page threads on clits, the "Ask Drunk.... threads", and people questioning the hole in the Pentagon... and decided this wasn't a place he wanted his name attached to here for anything more than answering some sniping.

9. thank you.

10. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

When people ask here if we should post on fan sites for teams we cover, where our work might be ripped, they are met with a resounding "NO!"

It occurs to me that Mr. Simers was facing the same situation. Better for him to not have responded at all (by the way, Whitlock, if this is a hoax, then bravo to you). Best for Mr. Simers to wait for this latest issue to die down, then register and show up a week from now.

I, for one, would read that thread.

11. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

And if he felt that way, why bother responding to something he saw here? My guess is that most people who were put off by the things you mentioned, wouldn't care enough about the place to even respond. In any case, he did choose to attach his name to this place, even if he had Whitlock do his bidding. But maybe what you are saying is valid. It's certainly an explanation, although not a likely one.

12. Leo Mazzone

Leo Mazzone Member

I guess it's a little late to be mentioning, but this thread will not end well, if at all.

Draft saved Draft deleted