1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Breaking news: I have TJ Simers' official response....

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by jason_whitlock, Aug 29, 2006.

1. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

not what the board was created to accomplish nor where its creators want it to go you self centered fuck.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Thanks, Gandhi, for divining what the creators want.

3. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

That's what they all say.

4. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

goalmouth,

How about a retro look for your avatar? You know, bringing back the Green Wave logo? That thing you have there now makes my brain hurt.

Sincerely,

R.S. Gumby

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

From everything I read, TJ Simers is a heck of a writer. Until I meet him, I wouldn't be able to say if he is an asshole or not. Can't voice my opinion there. Kinda like any person whose work you follow on screen, in print, whatever, the work is what attracts my attention. You'll probably always find fault with someone no matter if you like their stuff or not. One of my friend that I play fantasy baseball with and I've known for almost 20 years is a bestselling author, so its' interesting to hear what people think of him as a person when the only contact they have with him is his books. Usually I get a laugh out of it. That's the way it is. Jason, thanks for posting that.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Apparently, TSP, several folks on here have met Mr. Simers in person and weren't afraid to share their feelings. Many of them weren't laughing.

7. i refuse to believe you're this stupid.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

He's consistently the most interesting read in the country... That's all I care about...

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I enjoy reading his column, too. But if he truly inserted inflammatory material into a column then caved to the editor and blamed others, it takes some of the zing out of his tough-guy posturing in print and in real life.

That's about as cowardly an act as I can imagine.

10. F
    U

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I (note that sentences begin with caps) refuse to spend a second trying to figure out what you mean. Good to see you working the corners for Simers. Cos he's apparently too cowardly to use his own pimp hand.

12. thebiglead

thebiglead Member

Gregg Doyel checks in with a sentence about this thoughts on Simers (a little ways down):

http://sportsline.com/columns/weblogs/entry/doyels_dribbles

If you don't think this guy is one hell of an entertaining read, then you wouldn't know a good writer if he were right in front of you. (Pssst. I'm right in front of you.)

Draft saved Draft deleted