1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Breaking news: Favre to play in 2007

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Del_B_Vista, Feb 2, 2007.

1. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

:) :D ;D

2. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

ESPN confirms that Brett Favre is returning. Now it's true.

3. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Wicked is a hater. Really, I get why the Sun-Herald bunch did that, I just hate it when everything is tagged as exclusive, mostly on TV stations.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Not even close. Favre never retired. He never took part in a year-long retirement tour, only to come back for a Hummer. He never said he was 99 pct retired, only to come back. He never said the same thing the next year. He never dickied and dallied long enough to hamstring the Packers' efforts to re-sign their best player. He never took off a third of the season yet came back for a pro-rated salary that made him the highest paid QB in football.

And he never left Green Bay to chase an extra dollar. Three times.

Also, he's not a piece of shit juicer.

5. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

BYH, tell us how you really feel.

Besides, Roger only left Boston to be closer to his family by going to Toronto.

6. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

Fixed. (No hyphen in Sun Herald.) And we've had a couple of pretty major exclusives recently (one with post-Katrina insurance issues and this one). They don't last very long. Stuff gets picked up so freakin' fast, but from our end our paper's gotten credit from every outlet I've seen for the report. Kornheiser did just pronounce "Biloxi" wrong on PTI, as I heard some radio guys did. For the record, it's "bi-LUX-ee".

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

Will McDonough? That you? Visiting us from the great beyond?

8. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

My bad I changed it.

9. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

Who care's about that the point is that he is coming back ok, and he has a good team just needs to get help on that offensive line & a new TE.
    [​IMG]

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

So did you go to the hospital, as the ads tell you to do?

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

Holy lord, we have got to have a better newbie screening process.

12. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

OK, that's a big massive NSFW.

Jesus.

Draft saved Draft deleted