1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

BREAKING: McCarney out at ISU

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by D-3 Fan, Nov 8, 2006.

1. Zeek

Zeek Member

He might end up on the Iowa staff if Norm Parker decides to retire.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Yeah, I mentioned that earlier. The only reason I could see that would keep Ferentz from hiring him is that McCarney probably wouldn't be there very long. He'll be a head coach again soon.

3. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

If the short list includes Chryst, it can't be all bad. Wisconsin had a pretty decent offense this year despite having no wideouts/tight ends returning, an inexperienced offensive line and P.J. Hill coming off a broken leg. He is a terrific playcaller. If he can recruit, Iowa State would be getting themselves a good one. I hope and pray that Pollard doesn't realize that because I want him to stay at UW and tutor Donovan or Evridge next year.

4. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Pollard's interviewing candidates for ISU gig

It's been about two weeks, but worth bumping up with an update...

Dan McCarney has yet to coach his final game later today and Jamie Pollard isn't going to wait until the final gun to start the process. Ames Tribune, C.R. Gazette, and the Register are reporting that Pollard has reportedly interviewed Jay Norvell and Jim Harbaugh in Dallas Friday evening. Pollard was not in attendance at the team banquet Friday to honor Mac, thus fueling speculation that something is going to happen by the end of next week.

From the way it's beginning to sound, Pollard could have a presser by Wednesday to announce his new man.

Draft saved Draft deleted