1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Breaking horrible news

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Precious Roy, Jul 7, 2009.

1. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

No offense taken at all, and it is a family joke DJ, she doesn't have make very good choices very often.

2. sportsguydave

sportsguydave Active Member

My thoughts are with you and the girl's family, P_R.

Props to you for being a stand-up guy and trying to do the right thing.

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

You are a good man.

Help your friend the best you can and thank you very much for sharing this with the board.

4. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

Sorry to keep dragging this along, but I got a look at the obit we are going to run tomorrow.
    The girl's father is not anywhere in the thing. It's like he was never a part of her life, and he was. He may have been a horrible father, but he didn't abuse the girl.
    It's making me mad, cause you don't need to be like that. Nobody does.
    I guess I just don't understand that kind of hatred, and hope to never have to.

5. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Be there for him if you can. It's bad that a father cannot get a mention in there given those circumstances. I'm pretty sure my father would have been excluded too and, similar to this case, he may not have been a model father, but he never abused me. Never.

6. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

You did all you could, and with caller ID he can likely see that you tried to get with him.
    You did exactly what you should have done.

Draft saved Draft deleted