1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

BREAKING: Derek "Jetes" Jeter fractures ankle

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Uncle.Ruckus, Oct 14, 2012.

1. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

He'll still get Manky's vote for playoff MVP.

2. ColdCat

ColdCat Well-Known Member

Manky Jimmy is preparing responses for the end of the series.

If the Tigers win: "You see, Jetes is the greatest player of all time. The Yankees lose a series they were certain to win if he had been in there." (Manky will conveniently ignore that Detroit has the best pitcher in the game and the triple crown winner and beat New York in the Division Series last year and will just assume the Yankees would have won with a healthy Jeter.)

If the Yankees win: "You see, Jetes is the greatest player of all time. Even in a cast in the dugout he inspired his team on to victory. That's what a true leader does."

3. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Manky Jimmy needs a new name.

How about Yanky Jimmy? (for masturbation over Jete, not so much for Yanky sounding like Yankee, but it works).

And due to the injury, Hanky Jimmy sounds appropriate.

4. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Gotta be CrankyJimy today. :'(

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Wow.

6. Vombatus

Good one
    /I am post padding

7. Vombatus

After the Theismann leg breaking incident, and SI running a commercial using the footage to advertise "bone crushing action" in its mag, I don't wish injuries on anyone.

Although, I do use a voodoo doll and wish some people would just die.

Injured no, die yes.

I suppose my version of a value system is a bit screwed up. I just think the world would have better if some assholes hadn't been born.

8. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Part of what makes Jeter such a joy to have in baseball is that he's a joy to dislike. He's really one of the most polarizing athletes of this era, and if (for some reason) this brings him closer to the end, that's going to be sad. I loathe him, but I love that I have the opportunity to loathe him, because everyone needs a heel in sports. I even love that he sticks it in my face frequently (on some level) because that makes it interesting. If you are a Tigers fan, I could see being happy because it makes it easier to get to the WS. But only momentarily. Not to get all Colin Cowherd on you, but Jeter is good for baseball, whether you love him or root against him.

9. Riptide

I'm pretty neutral on Jeter, but I've always thought he's a hell of a gamer.

10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Why do you loathe him? I can understand loathing the fawning adoration, but the man himself, I don't see. He has even had the decency to refrain from a sham marriage so he can fuck whomever whenever without embarrassing anyone or inviting judgment.

I guess he is hateable as the embodiment of the Evil Empire, but I've always thought he carried himself well and played a respectable game.

11. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Ya nailed it, LTL.

12. Riptide

And he's never bragged about anything. Or got into trouble. Got to admire that.

Draft saved Draft deleted