1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Breaking Bad Season 5 Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Batman, Jun 4, 2012.

1. Calvin Hobbes

Calvin Hobbes Member

Just read in a review somewhere that the name Saul Goodman comes from, "S'all good, man."

Another example of the genius of Breaking Bad.

And BTW, now I can't stop noticing the purple theme with Hank's wife.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Never liked the premise of that show. If they're supposed to be lone gunmen why were there three of them?

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

These guys don't understand the question.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

‘Breaking Bad’ Heading To Germany In New Season, Panel Reveals

http://www.deadline.com/2012/07/comic-con-breaking-bad-heading-to-germany-in-new-season-panel-reveals/

5. I just watched all four seasons in a span of two weeks, finishing up with the season finale of season 4 this morning. I'm fired up for this season to start tonight. What a great show, glad I finally made time to watch it and get all caught up.

I'm intrigued to see how this year plays out. I hadn't thought about the German angle until reading this thread. I suppose I just expected this final season to be the Hank/DEA vs. Walt/Jesse showdown. I also expect major Jesse/Walt drama. I just hope they don't force the issue with the German thing. It seems a little forced to me. At some point, you have to reach the top of the chain and I truly believe that Walt reached it at the end of last season.

Unlike The Wire and some other great shows, this show makes me accept a lack of realism more often than not but the only thing that really bugged me was how they made Gus as kingpin so accessible and so willing to put himself in harm's way. Using The Wire as a counter, you never saw Marlo or Avon getting their hands dirty or dealing with anyone who wasn't in their immediate circle of two or three trusted confidants. Anyway, still a terrific show. I know Cranston gets most of the limelight (and rightfully so) but Aaron Paul is just outstanding as Jesse.

6. Armchair_QB

So nobody watched tonight?

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Some nice tying up of loose ends, even if the Albuquerque PD apparently has the worst security ever. I don't care if it's 3 a.m., a suspicious, ratty looking truck pulls up in a secured lot and no one notices? Really?

And if anyone made it through the god-awful first segment of "Small Town Security" they'd have seen the Germans are arriving next week.
    Surely I'm not the only one who thought of this:

8. The ending scene was pretty killer.

9. Armchair_QB

Better yet, nobody notices a guy spraying gunk all over the fucking security camera?

And I wonder what else is locked up in that bank besides money?

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

What bank? It was the APD's evidence room.
    Did anyone catch what was written on the photo of Gus and ... not sure who it was? It flashed too quickly for me to focus in on. Was it Saul's name and address?

11. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

Info about a Cayman bank account, I think.

My first reaction to him spraying the camera was "The cops would be out there in 30 seconds if a dude walked up hiding his face spraying a camera."

Closing scene was great. Is she in disbelief? Is she scared as shit? Both?

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Read Sepinwall's review, and he points out that the opening teaser is actually set about a year in the future. The show started on Walt's 50th birthday, the events of the first four seasons unfolded over the course of a year or so, and at the Denny's he's "celebrating" his 52nd birthday.
    So it seems that Walt might not end up winning by the time this is all over.

Also makes me wonder about the teasers. In the past couple seasons they used them to fill in the blanks on some of the behind-the-scenes events of the major plot points (Tortuga getting killed and the cartel's attacks on Gus' trucks come to mind). So I wonder if this season we'll be seeing something play out that will make sense only when the show has reached its conclusion?

Draft saved Draft deleted