1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Breaking Bad Season 5 Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Batman, Jun 4, 2012.

1. NDub

NDub Guest

Yeah, I think they're filming (or filmed) all 16 episodes at once and treating it like one big season. Then AMC is doing eight this summer and (I think) eight next summer. Damnit.

2. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Hate the shortened seasons, but it'll get me to football, and then I won't have time to watch TV anyway.

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I hate AMC. It doesn't deserve the shows it has with the way it treats them.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I hate split seasons. Hate, hate, HATE them. As soon as you really feel a show is settling into a groove, it's over.
    With Breaking Bad, especially, the pace is often so slow in the early part of the season that they've really hit their stride around episode 7 of each season.
    Given where they are in the story, having to sort of start over instead of building on the existing tension, I get the feeling this season might be mediocre and the last eight episodes will kick major ass.

5. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

I disagree when it comes to Breaking Bad. If you look at seasons 3 and 4, both of those were fast-paced right from the start. Hell, in season 3, the 7th episode would have been a perfect half-season finale. That was the episode where Hank took down the cousins. That was the end of 7 of the most intense episodes to start a season for any series I can think of.

6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

What was the consensus on the German company which owned Pollo Hermanos? Did Gus own the German company or was he a cog in their machine, meaning that Walter will have a new boss next year?

7. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

I had just assumed the German conglomerate was, like IG Farben with the Nazis, a company that made money off the cartels by supplying equipment without actually getting its hands dirty.

But that would bring a whole new angle to the final 16 episodes if Walter goes from dealing with street thugs like Tuco to a businessman Gus to a multi-national corporation.

8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Walt IS the boss now. Ze Ghermans will be the competition.

9. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

If the Germans are involved in the plot at all, which I question, my guess is they cozy up to Walt. Gus had become a liability. Walt probably is too, but do they know that?

10. turski7

turski7 Member

In the immortal words of Bart Scott: Can't wait!
    The split seasons suck, but this season should still be fantastic.
    I don't mind when the show goes slow. Some disagree, but I like how the writers meticulously plot out the show's next big move by giving the viewer a hundred angles to choose from.
    @ Webster - The show didn't dive into the German company role last season.
    Also, my big question is what will be the role of Mike in Season 5? Will he join up with Walt and Jesse or try to take out Heisenberg?

11. printit

printit Member

This is exactly how I felt. This is, hands down, the best show on TV....and I don't think they can top the ending of Season 4. It was too perfect.

12. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted