1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Breaking Bad Season 5 Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Batman, Jun 4, 2012.

1. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

I'm legitimately jealous that you're going through it for the first time.

2. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

That's a whole lot of nonsense you've got there.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Not really. You just said BB had some average moments that were a noticeable step down from the high points, and I'm saying even those slow, mediocre moments were better than most shows could hope to achieve.

4. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Just a heads-up. I just logged onto Netflix and the back half of Season Five is up now. Enjoy!

5. I have two episodes to go for the series... The last two were hard to stomach.
    Jarring fucking episodes.

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/30/showbiz/tv/bryan-cranston-breaking-bad/

Asked by Banfield if his character, Walter White, died or not, Cranston said, "Hey, you never saw bags zip up or anything. Or say ... you know." He left the rest up to viewers' imaginations.

In response to questions about whether the character could show up in a movie or anywhere else ever again, Cranston said: "Never say never."

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

We didn't see a bag zip up or anything with Danny Trejo's head when it was on a turtle in Season 2 either.

8. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Normally I'm all for continuing shows I loved but not here. Nope. No way. This was the greatest series finale I've ever seen. Let's not change that. :)

9. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Yep.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

The only way I'd like to see this show continue is to follow the further adventures of Jesse as he pieces his shattered life back together. Maybe he can wander the Earth like Kane, traveling from town to town solving mysteries and shit.
    There are a few loose ends that could be spun off (Saul, obviously; Jesse; Huell flipping channels in the hotel room ala "Robot Chicken"), but Walter White needs to stay dead. His story's done.

11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Jesse is part of "Better Call Saul," isn't he?

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Haven't heard that, but I haven't been paying particularly close attention, either. I thought "Better Call Saul" was going to be a prequel spinoff.

Draft saved Draft deleted