1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Breaking Bad Season 5 Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Batman, Jun 4, 2012.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Saw this today and, I've got to admit, it instantly got me ready for July 15.

[​IMG]

Also, beginning this Sunday, AMC is going to reair all the episodes of Breaking Bad from the beginning. A couple episodes a night during the overnight hours, so set the DVR if you're not coming off the night shift.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

It took me a while to notice the machine gun in the background. Very cool art.

Iit's amazing how Brian Cranston has pulled off this transformation from basically a rehashing of his Hal character in Malcolm to someone straight out of The Wire.

3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I watched all 4 season this year on the iPad during my commute. I'll admit to not loving the end of last season and the fact that Gus spent way too much time personally involved with Walt and Jesse.

But what a great show. The two leads are just fantastic actors.

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Fuck yeah. Can't wait for it to start.

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

This is the one show that MIGHT get me to stay up until 11 on a Sunday night. Mondays are gonna suck pretty bad, though.

6. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I'm in the same boat, Ryan. I'm often in bed before 10PM but that goes out the window during "Mad Men" and "Breaking Bad". Some things are worth being tired and grumpy for. :D

7. NDub

NDub Guest

This is exactly what I was going to type until I read the posts. Kindred spirits and all that...

Thanks, Batman, for the heads up on the re-airs. I'm going to set the DVR. There's no pain in re-watching to freshen the mind.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

As excited as I am for the new season, it would have been the perfect show if it ended with Season 4.

9. NDub

NDub Guest

Well, it was possibly going to happen that way because of AMC sort of jacking around Gilligan and Co. while they negotiated with Weiner. Plus, Gilligan wanted an end date. That's why we never got an announcement of the final 16 episodes until halfway through season four.

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Aren't they doing eight episodes this year and eight next year?

11. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

And it's two more seasons of 8 eps each, right? Or did they kill that and go with one long season?

Edit: Mizzou beat me to it.

12. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

It is spread out over two years, but it's being called one "two-part" season in the same way it was with the Sopranos. Something to do with escalator clauses in Gilligan's and the individual talents' contracts.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
Draft saved Draft deleted