1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Breaking Bad - Season 1"

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dick Whitman, Mar 8, 2013.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

In the first season, Jesse was just living in the house. His parents kicked him out because of his drug use. He does buy it later on.
    And Dick, the finances of the meth trade become a major theme as the series goes on. Things like the status of the house -- and the problems it can cause -- are clearly addressed.

2. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I'm through five episodes, all tonight, and I don't think I can come up with a pair of shrews on a single show worse than Skyler and Marie. Marie did redeem herself a little in the bullshit intervention, but they are horrible people who deserve to have their cars go up in flames at a gas station.

Otherwise, it's good and at times great.

Edit: Episode 6 has wiped away any reservations I had, though Skyler really wears on me. I'm sure she'll eventually figure out how Walter is paying his bills, and her awfulness will reach unseen heights at that point. But Walter is such a great character, and Jesse is awesome, too.

3. SoCalScribe

SoCalScribe Member

I like Marie, great acting. All Purple Everything just really gets to me. I have a love for the set designers. It's one of the many, fun little things they embed into the show but never call out specifically.

4. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

The show really hits its stride in the middle of Season 2, where I'm at now. "Bit By A Dead Bee," "Down" and "Breakage" are all amazing episodes.

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

From the middle of Season 2 to the end of Season 4 (I haven't seen season five yet since I was one of the evil Dish Network customers they blocked when it ran), it's as good as anything ever produced.

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

You quit on VM for Breaking Bad? :(

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

The second half of Season 3, in particular, was phenomenal. "One Minute" was when it seemed the show really kicked it up to another level and it's stayed there since.

8. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

And if you haven't gotten farther than that, you haven't even met two of the best characters, Saul and Gus. The show really goes up another notch when those two join things.

9. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Nope, going back and forth. I watched about six Veronica Mars episodes between Breaking Bad Season 2's third and fourth episodes.

10. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

"You are a blowfish."

Walt treats Jesse like Mike Rice treats players.

Draft saved Draft deleted