1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Breaking a Dish TV or Direct TV agreement

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Drip, Dec 5, 2009.

1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

What did they give you in return for your signing an agreement in the first place? If it was a piece of equipment, just send it back.

And of course, they simply might not try too hard to collect, since you will not even be leaving them with a forwarding address (I assume).

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Tell the person who is forcing you to move that you can't break your dish contract and it will have to wait.

3. Drip

Drip Active Member

I'm not moving a family member is moving.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Betcha HR would know...

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Tell them to stick their contract up their ass.

6. standman

standman Member

If you are in a location that cannot point to the SW sky, you might be able to get out of it. Ask for their retention department and a lot of times they can work with you.

7. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I've had DirecTV for four years now - if there's a contract, I don't know about it. I pay every month. When I decide I don't want it anymore, I call and tell them. They come get their stuff.

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

If you need a new receiver or dish, they will often send it for free with the stipulation that you commit to an additional two years.

I never had a contract until 6 years into my service, when a hurricane blew the dish off the house and I needed a new one. Then I had to change from 3 LNB dish to 5 to receive all the new HD channels. Then receiver went on the blink and I needed a new one. Didn't pay for any of them. But I've been on some kind of contract ever since.

9. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

I bought a townhouse that had the SW view but the trees blocked the HD reception. DTV cancelled my contract without issue.

10. Dirk Legume

Dirk Legume Active Member

These guys would probably know exactly how to handle the situation and they are usually* pretty friendly.

www.dbstalk.com

* YMMV

11. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Anybody else surprised Drip actually has an address?

12. Drip

Drip Active Member

IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ME. READ THE POSTS

Draft saved Draft deleted