1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Breakfast in Boston

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DocTalk, Oct 4, 2009.

1. DocTalk

DocTalk Active Member

In Boston for a conference in the Copley Plaza/Back Bay area. Looking for breakfast suggestions, hopefully something comfortable with good food (greasy spoons acceptable) and character.

Thanks in advance.

Ben

2. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

Two suggestions from a couple years back:

* There's a place called Thornton's that's absolutely fantastic. Loved it. Just past the Prudential Center and across from the Christian Science garden. 150 Huntington Avenue. Probably your best bet.

* Another place I liked that I last visited in 2006 was this tiny family-run place on the corner of Salem and Sheafe in the North End. I can't remember the name of the place, other than the fact that it was an extremely simple one (maybe The Corner Diner?).

You'll definitely enjoy the first; the second, though good, is a bit more simple, but in a nice part of town early in the morning.

3. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Skip breakfast so that you're really, really hungry, then go to Turner Fisheries and have all the clam chowder you can possibly put away.

Draft saved Draft deleted