1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Braylon Edwards is a Jet

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by derwood, Oct 7, 2009.

1. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

When they first asked LeBron about the incident with his friend getting decked by Braylon, among other things, LeBron said, "The right people will take care of it."

Guess he wasn't screwing around. Who knew LeBron is a Corleone?

2. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

Yeah, but first he has to catch his flight.

3. workerB12

workerB12 Member

Rough start, trade your best receiver, sounds a lot like the Lions 0-16 formula.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That's better.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

At least the Lions got something for Roy Williams. Two second-day picks and a special teamer (albeit a good one) doesn't seem like much for a No. 1 receiver.

Man, was that a shitty draft. I said before the draft that the Niners should have taken Edwards over Smith and as disappointing as Edwards has been, he still would have been 1,000 times better than Alex fucking Smith.

6. outofplace

Edwards isn't a No. 1 receiver. He had one big year. Otherwise, he has been been pretty lousy. He is Nate Washington with more hype and more off-field problems.

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I really think Chansi Stuckey and Jason Trusnik will fill some gaps nicely for the Browns. I expect a nice push from them in the remainder of the season.

I have heard many people say that the missing link for the Browns was a gunner on special teams. Now they are a complete squad who should contend with Pittsburgh and Baltimore for the division title and maybe the Bengals for the final wild card slot.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Respectfully disagree. After the 2007 season, I think a lot of people thought Edwards was on his way to becoming one of the best WRs in the league. Last year he sucked, but the Browns were so awful it's hard to blame that on him.

He'll be defined by what he does over the next few seasons... He's definitely been a disappointment so far, but we'll see...

9. outofplace

You can't blame him for '08? His lousy play was a big reason why they sucked. This is his fifth season. He looked like a No. 1 for one year, an overrated waste of talent the reast fo the time.

10. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

If dude were a relief pitcher he'd make Kevin Gregg look like Cy Young because Edwards can't hold shit.

11. cwilson3

cwilson3 Member

You can partly blame him for 08, but calling him Nate Washington is overdoing it. He's had guys like Steve Sanders, Syndric Steptoe and Josh Cribbs around him the last two years with pretty much no running game. Defenses have completely rolled their coverage to wherever he is on the field the entire season. I'm not saying he deserves to be called an elite receiver, but this year and last year have been pretty sorry years for the Browns collective offense. At the same time, he didn't help himself by feeling sorry for himself, dropping passes or getting his foot stepped on by a cleat while screwing around at practice. I think he succeeds in New York, and I know I'm in the minority.

12. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

FWIW, I think he succeeds, too.

Draft saved Draft deleted