1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bravo for Bill Clinton

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Oct 25, 2007.

1. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Not sure what you are trying to say by the fact he looks like he will jump into the crowd. Looked to me like he just verbally slapped down a heckler, plus pointed at him and used some nice words like "hell." I personally wish Clinton could somehow get back in office, because he would fix the mess we are in.

If Bush was in the same situation that Clinton was in in the clip you presented, I can't fathom what would happen - but I bet it would involve a lot of stammering, Secret Service and some other government agency I have never heard of tasering that guy and then beating the shit out of him and torturing him behind closed doors.

2. Oh, please.

3. Angola!

Angola! Guest

You'll be OK.

4. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

You kidding? Bush opponents don't get within 1,000 yards of him. They're contained in "free speech zones" that the motorcade doesn't drive past. I understand the need for security and all, and I don't imagine it would be much better with Hillary or Obama or whatever Democrat in the office, but still. We wonder why the man seems as though he doesn't know or care what the American public thinks? It's because he hasn't been around someone who disagrees with him in eight years.

Well, except Colbert, that is.

5. Maybe you'll be, too. Next time something like this hits you, lie down until it goes away.

6. Again: Oh, please.

7. Angola!

Angola! Guest

You have fun pretending W is a good prez. At least with his dad, I wasn't embarrassed to be an American. Anyway, I rarely delve into political threads and now I will go back to the baseball threads where I am more comfortable.

8. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Lyman, watch the video of Bush today with fire victims in SoCal. Stammering all over the place. Had no idea how to make those people feel a little better. Just talked about how "we appreciate your spirit." It was embarrassing.

9. Better to be slick.

10. Yeah, was watching him on Countdown, and there was a part where he goes something like the Federal Government will do anything it can to help you rebuild to some victims. And I'm thinking to myself, since I have friends and relatives affected by Katrina, yeah, buddy, I know some people in N.O. who wouldn't buy that line of bull anymore. Right after I think that, the story continues and shows a family affected by the Cedar fire in San Diego in 2003, and they show Bush making the same promise. Then they cut to the lot where the family's home stood, and it's still empty today.

11. dragonfly

dragonfly Member

Ding Ding Ding

12. How do you know he didn't have it?

I swear, if Bush came out tomorrow and said the sky was blue, some people would say it was red with orange-and-green alternating stripes.

The thing is, I disagree with Bush on a number of things (spending, immigration amongst them). But I guess if you don't disagree with him on EVERY SINGLE THING, you're some sore of bum licker and apologist.

Draft saved Draft deleted