1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

braves dodgers deal

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by bydesign77, Jul 28, 2006.

1. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Yes.

2. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

sorry about the spelling, I was trying to get the deal out for you guys before deadline on the east coast.

according the transactions, cash considerations were also involved.

3. suburbanite

suburbanite Active Member

I'm not a Wickman fan. If I'm Bobby Cox, I'd rather have him set up and Baez close.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I like the lineup now with Ethier and Betemit. Ethier can hit. And when Loney comes up he'll be a big bopper.

No biggie, bydesign. It was endearing.

5. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

It must be joyous to still be able to feel optimism where the Dodgers are concerned. Mine left me a decade ago, watching the Padres finish the sweep for the 1996 Division title on Fan Appreciation Day at Chavez Ravine when some tatooed SOB near me kept chanting "MVP! MVP!" every time that roid freak Caminiti came to bat. The following year, choking to a mediocre Frisco team was just icing on the cake.

haven't believed in them since.

Yeah, I'm bitter.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I hear you Vinz, but I just can't give up on them even though they've won 1 playoff game since '88. One. I don't understand it. Ever since Steve Sax left for the Steve Sax Trio it hasn't been the same. ;D

I also miss Fernando.

7. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Just got off the phone with My Son The Braves Fan and he was not happy. He was up to 37 fucks by the time we hung up.

"Didn't think Dan-yees dude blow a bunch of saves earlier in the season?"

Indeed.

"Can Aybar replace Chipper?"

Don't think so.

FUCK.

He really likes Betemit, who has a streak of home runs in games he or we have attended of five.

8. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Aybar's a pretty good prospect, but LA is the big winner here...

Betemit's got some pop, and better yet, he's extremely versatile defensively (2B, SS, 3B). He's a nice guy -- much better than no-hit, all-field Ceasar Izturis -- to have at third until Andy LaRoche is ready.

9. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

According to the NY papers, the Yankees were interested in Betemit.

10. 2underpar

2underpar Active Member

betemit should have been playing fulltime at second in place of giles, who is one of the worst leadoff hitters of all time. Being a braves hater, I love it.

11. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Giles' career on-base percentage is .362 -- what's the problem? If you're talking about overrated top-of-the-order guys, look at Juan Pierre, not Giles.

12. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Actually, Renteria should be hitting leadoff and Giles should be No. 2, where he belongs (and where he is All-Star caliber.)

Makes no sense to have Giles at leadoff. But he's a damn good hitter at the 2-spot. Betemit couldn't break into that infield no matter how hard he tried.

Draft saved Draft deleted