1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Braun wins appeal

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Elliotte Friedman, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

The personal sniping on this one is about to drive me over the edge - please stop NOW. Discuss the issue, your take on it, whatever. But stop the personal sniping.

2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Statement released by Braun:

3. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

MLB says they "vehemently disagree with this decision".

Why is MLB making a statement about an appeals process that is supposed to be confidential? The original test results were leaked or we would never have known there was an appeals process? STFU MLB.

4. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Well, that was a whole lot of nothing.

"Thank you to my agents and lawyers for convincing the dittoheads and fanbois of my innocence. By the way, I have herpes."

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I'm stunned that the first player in MLB history to have a drug suspension overturned plays for the Milwaukee Brewers.

6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Oh how naive some people on this board are. Shockingly it's Brewers fan who is the one being duped. He tested positive, there is no debating that. He got off because a sample was sent in 48 hours instead of 24. Hell him, lance and OJ must be all innocent.

For the record I don't give a shit if he took it or not.

I imagine Pavlovs bell just went ding ding.

7. It will be interesting to see where Braun goes in fantasy baseball drafts. Yahoo! has him as 4th ranked player. I'm guessing he drops in many people's drafts. Personally I'd be surprise if he didn't equal his 33 HR from last season.

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

BTW, no one knows if he was the first person to win his appeal, since these things are not announced.

9. old_tony

Just out of curiosity, what will your opinion be if he has an even better season?

10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

My opinion will be that he's still on the juice because now he feels bulletproof.

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Nobody is ever guilty of anything. Everybody is always innocent. Whoop dee fucking doo.

12. old_tony

You don't think he'll be tested and scrutinized?

Like I said, some people will never be convinced.

Draft saved Draft deleted