1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Braun suspension - remainder of 2013 season

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jul 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AtticusFinch

AtticusFinch Member

Mark Teahen on Twitter: "I always enjoyed peeing for Dino Laurenzi Jr. Glad he got some vindication today."

2. H.L. Mencken

H.L. Mencken Member

It's remarkable, listening to Buster Olney, how many of the players really seem to dislike Braun and wanted to see him punished. I don't ever remember another guy this disliked. Even A-Rod.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

You have no idea what you are talking about. The digs at me are a response previous threads on this subject.

I used the Braun case as an example of how insanely low the standards of evidence are among many posters here and many other sports journalists.

I never said he was clean. I said I don't know and we should be more careful who we accuse.

4. outofplace

Oh, look. My stalker has arrived.

As usual, you have no idea what you are talking about. Go back and read what I actually wrote on this subject. Maybe you'll learn something for once. I doubt you have the intellect to pull it off, but perhaps you'll pull off an upset.

5. champ_kind

champ_kind Well-Known Member

well, i disagree with you that a positive test is a low standard of evidence, considering the suspension was overturned not because the test was proven to not be positive, or a backup sample proved not positive, but because the collector didn't ship it fast enough.

6. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Don't act like you're anything above the biggest intellectual lightweight on this board.
    If you had a smidgin of integrity - clue: you don't - you would admit you were wrong on this subject.

7. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Take your personal bickerings to PMs.

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

champ, you have to understand -- oop does not believe there was evidence that was disallowed. oop believes that because of the dispute over "unusual circumstances" and the FedEx/Kinko's operating hours, we are all required to pretend the test never happened.

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

OOP, it's all in good fun. Don't take it so seriously.

11. outofplace

The sample was deemed invalid because it was mishandled. If tainted evidence is good enough for you, so be it.

Valid positive tests and admissions are evidence. Baseball finally has the latter with Braun.

12. outofplace

Why would I admit to something that isn't true?

I NEVER said Braun was clean.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.