1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Braun suspension - remainder of 2013 season

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jul 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Yes, well, I know it is often difficult for you to keep up.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Yeah, but Kate was a day early in giving birth.

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

He tested positive, that is evidence. Only a loon believed it was tampered with.

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Wally Joyner? You mean guys who admitted PED use?

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

At that point, 1997, 11 years later, he was just trying to hang on.

Did he take just 3 pills and quit? Well, who knows.

http://www.baseballssteroidera.com/bse-list-steroid-hgh-users-baseball.html#wally-joyner

6. Steak Snabler

It usually goes like this:

1. Accused? Deny it.

2. Accused, with circumstantial evidence? Admit it, but only in the most sympathetic light.

3. Accused, with detailed evidence? Admit it fully.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

A test that was invalid which led to a suspension which was correctly tossed out.

And most of y'all STILL don't understand the point I was making all through this discussion. It's really disappointing how few of you get it.

8. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Maybe a "hey, guys, sorry – my bad" might be appropriate at this time.
    It's one thing to be a smartass little shit whenever you think something's dumb.
    But it's another thing to continue to be a smartass little shit when you are clearly in the wrong.

9. Steak Snabler

This amused me, from Jeff Passan on Twitter:

One person broke down Ryan Braun's 65-game suspension thusly: 50 games for violating the Joint Drug Agreement and "a 15-game asshole tax."

https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/status/359469783361650689

Also this:

The 15 games in addition were for Braun's treatment of test collector Dino Laurenzi and his disparaging the Joint Drug Agreement publicly.

https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/status/359469960243851264

10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I wonder if .298/.372/.498 and 9 HRs in 61 games is an indication of what we can expect to see from the new and improved, drug-free Ryan Braun. If so, that's going to be a mighty interesting $19 million player from 2016-2020.

11. champ_kind

champ_kind Well-Known Member

your point appears to be that his positive test wasn't evidence because of the chain-of-custody fiasco. while i agree that the sample was improperly handled and thus correctly tossed out, that doesn't change the fact that the test was positive. unless you think the guy who had it in his fridge was dumping testosterone into it.

12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

And the people who believe this also believe 911 was an inside job and a multitude of ridiculous conspiracy theories.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.