1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Brass Ones.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Fenian_Bastard, Jun 26, 2006.

1. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Fenian, that was for Cleland, Kerry and many others, but, no, I'm not ready to put Herbert Walker next to the boys from Big Red One, Utah Beach or the Stonewall Brigade.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Daddy Bush was a fucking moron to have ended Desert Storm without Saddam Hussein cold and dead in a body bag.

Why do nutjob dictators like Saddam Hussein, Slobodan Milesovic and Kim Jong Il start wars, commit genocide, you name it?

Because they think -- actually, they know -- there will never be any personal responsibility.

"Sure, I'll go and send of hundreds of thousands, maybe millions, of people to their deaths, but who gives a shit? Nothing's going to happen to ME. Worst-case scenario, I'll get dragged into the dock for war crimes trials, sit around for a few years in a country club prison surfing the internet, then maybe die of cancer or old age or something (see Slobodan)."

When these fuckers realize that THEY, THEMSELVES are going to die for the shit they start, maybe just maybe they might not be so eager to start it. Saddam Hussein's bullet-riddled body on a slab in 1991 would have been an excellent first step in that direction (although I must admit the final act of the Ceaucescu pageant was an admirable example).

For that matter, it's not too late to make up for lost time. Saddam Hussein with an ice pick planted in his neck in July 2006 would work, too.

3. The deterent effect of star-justice on homicidal dictators is, ah, unproven in world history.
    Of course, it would have helped had we not armed SH for as many years as we did.
    And 41 didn't "go to Baghdad" because he knew what his kid is only now learning.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I'm gonna take that as a yes.

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Wow! Somebody has some serious hostility issues. Take some deep breathes and back away from the keyboard. Wow.

6. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Could anyone have picked a better alternate handle for mlb than "Meatie Pie"?

You know, other than dickhead or the like.

7. trounced

trounced Active Member

So, if the New York Times knows about an upcoming sting operation that will catch a number of key terrorists who are planning to blow up the Lincoln Tunnel it's duty bound to write about it, thus ruining the sting? I know they wouldn't want to keep a story like that from the people they're so dedicated to serving.

8. trounced

trounced Active Member

This coming from the poster who earlier today threatened to kick somebody's ass.

9. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

You sound like a bitter old woman. You're acting like your Maverick president, but remember what Iceman said about your ego writing checks that you're never going to be able to cash.

What are you, Meatie Boy? Wile E. Coyote's stunt double or mlb2005's? I'm struggling with this.

These threads are certainly less entertaining without you lying and blustering your way out of the numerous cul de sacs you'd consistently blundered into. You were always called on your bullshit, but now you're back with a doofus handle, wriggling around, trying to take up the fight again (with a new persona).

It won't do.

Draft saved Draft deleted